Food tips before finals
Memory Boosting Scents
- Aspartame (artificial sweetener)
- Simple carbohydrates
- Anything with sugar or white flour
- Water. Don’t forget to get the water you need. Your body is dehydrated (and does not function properly) when you don’t have the recommended water for your body weight.
- Ginkgo Biloba works by expanding the blood vessels for better circulation, allowing your brain to remember needed information. This natural herb is taken by doctors, athletes, and even politicians before a major event. You can find these at your local pharmacy or discounted online at House of Nutrition along with 25,000 other vitamins.
What to eat
- Whole grain cereals, breads, and oatmeal. Organic fruits and juices (make sure it doesn’t have artificial dyes or sweeteners). Food high in fibers like avocados, beans, edamame, whole wheat pasta, lentils, broccoli, and almonds.